Thursday

Celebrate Banner Swap

















This is the end result of my FIRST SWAP EVER! - A really fun "celebrate" banner swap. This is the banner I made for my new buddy Janae (her blog is object of maya*ffection).

I chose to create a banner for Janae's kitchen which is decorated in a "coffee" theme, her colors were plum, terracotta and sage green. I added some of my vintage buttons (you know I must like her to part with those babies), and incorporated a little bit of overdyed wool in the bows on each end.

Touches of glitter on the sugar cubes and in the coffee or course.

Note the "sugar lump" - there's one in every crowd - everyone else is celebrating and he is sulking because he doesn't want to go swimming! - boo hoo.

I really loved participating in the swap - check out Ga Ga for Garlands to see more wonderful banners and pennants. I only regret that I couldn't do Viv's miniature swap - I overcommited myself, although I may have been out of my league on that one - check out the fab teensies at Vivian's blog: Viv's Whimsy.

I hope to participate in more swaps this summer/fall- email me if you have a swap or see a good one!

-Sweet B.

No comments: