Saturday

Candy of the Month - MAY


May's candy of the month - SWEDISH FISH -


First produced in 1957 by Malaco, a Swedish Confectionery, Swedish Fish come in assorted or "red" flavors. Imported to North America in the early 1970's, Swedish Fish are still produced in Sweden, although most Swedish Fish found in North America are from Canada.


Obviously the Red ones are the best, that is why you can buy entire bags of the red ones, which reduces the wasteful practice of throwing all of the other colors away.


Since I prefer my gummies slightly stale I usually open the bag and let them "harden up " for a few days before enjoying them. I have seen several photos of Swedish Fish "Sushi" on the web - usually combined with marshmallow, and fruit roll ups. - Yum or Yuck?


Anyway, if you haven't sampled a Swedish Fish in a while - I highly recommend it - their distinctive flavor will remind you of childhood.


Eat your Swedish Fish!


- Sweet B

1 comment:

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

I love Swedish Fish. And yes, red is the best. Why waste your time with the other flavors :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I added you! Janell